More than ever retailers are looking to technology to improve the customer shopping experience in store and of course their sales.
QR codes, social media, self service kiosks, headphones, iPads, screens, digital mirrors, iBeacons, wifi; the list goes on ranging from the familiar to the futuristic. The idea isn’t necessarily to introduce the most innovative solution, it is to deliver the most effective one that works for all – brand, product and customer.
You can start small by:
- Combine in store displays with social media and create a display of your top pinned items featured on Pinterest.
- Enable wifi in store so that customers can access product reviews, make comparisons, or order and buy online.
- Create an app that activates when customers are nearby or in store that can be used to promote special offers.
- Bring scan as you shop devices/apps in store to put customers in more control of their purchases and speed up the payment process.
- Install self service kiosks or staff held mobile point of sale devices that can be used for quick ordering and payments.
- Introduce iPads in store to allow customers to browse your full product range, or touch screens on the store window to allow passers-by to shop even the store is closed.